We have a fantastic opportunity for a Youth Worker at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a full-time role for the next 9 - 10 months.
Your role will be to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate high quality early help provision to ensure young people in Warrington aged 11-19 are supported to reach their full potential.
Co-ordinate the development and delivery of innovative, appropriate, and responsive programmes, including centre-based, detached and outreach work
Ensure all sessions are clearly defined, meeting identified needs with clear evidence of outcomes. This will involve undertaking both group work and 1:1 case management work.
Lead Early Help support workers in the planning, delivery, and quality assurance aspects of sessions in a given curriculum area
To ensure performance management information is collated and entered onto relevant IT systems in a timely manner to allow for routine performance management to take place
Work with families to promote emotional wellbeing and provide appropriate intervention to support this.
Effectively manage and co-ordinate Volunteers providing appropriate support and supervision
Develop a range of innovative and evidenced based resources that can be utilised across a thematic area by all early help workers.
Lead areas of 11-19 provision planning and delivery related to a thematic area of work e.g. Risky Behaviours; Emotional Wellbeing; as identified appropriate the currently identified needs of young people.
Contribute to regular Training Needs Analysis at team and individual level, and to respond with appropriate training and staff development opportunities, in conjunction with the Early Help 11-19 Team Leaders
Liaise and develop partnership working, with local statutory and voluntary agencies as appropriate in order to ensure young people needs are identified and supported
- Must have previous Youth Worker / Family Support experience
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the update Service
- Strong IT Skills, as you will be updating internal systems with important information
- Valid Full UK Driving (Desirable)
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the public, clients, colleagues, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system