Universal Banker Position Summary
The Universal Banker is responsible for providing excellent service to customers through performing teller activities, which include receiving and paying out money and keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a bank's various transactions. The role is also responsible for the sales and servicing of all bank products and services. Maintains current knowledge of competitor products, services, and current promotions. Is responsible for providing transactional support and exceptional customer service while maintaining essential controls and safeguards. Essential Functions & Basic Duties
- Answer customers' questions and explain available services for personal and business accounts both in person and via telephone, while providing excellent customer service.
- Performs a key function for the Bank by opening accounts and presenting the Bank's products and services to new and existing customers.
- Compiles information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Utilizes product & services knowledge to refer to partners as appropriate.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening retail and business accounts.
- Assist in the verification of daily maintenance and new account review to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate, correct and follow up on discovered errors upon customers' request.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, written and numerical amounts agree, and accounts have sufficient funds.
- Examine checks for endorsements and verify information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, check accuracy of deposit slips, enter transactions into computers and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Ensure operational integrity through compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Adheres specifically to all Bank policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Utilizes outside training opportunities to expand knowledge and experience
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment Requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 years' Teller experience or 1-2 years' experience with a focus in branch banking and account opening.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Bank's products and services as well as the requirements for customer qualification, knowledge of effective sales techniques.
- Proficient computer skills; including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage confidential information.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must be able to analyze situations and come to logical conclusions.
- Excellent communications skills and customer service skills are essential.
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, bend and lift to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position. Must have a valid NC driver's license. Mental Demands:
Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, the ability to exercise self-control, and the ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer and employee relations' situations are necessary. Must have the ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary. Must have a professional demeanor and have a strong code of ethics.