You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is looking for a Transactional Risk Underwriting Director to join our transactional risk team. The Underwriting Director will underwrite Representations & Warranties coverage for M&A transactions, including assessing risks associated with the target companys operations, the due diligence process and the representations, warranties and indemnities in the acquisition agreement. The ideal candidate has three or more years of M&A experience as an attorney, accountant, investment banker or other deal professional.
- Review and respond to insurance submissions based on underwriting guidelines and an analysis of financial statements, marketing materials and other relevant information.
- Assess the degree of risk by reviewing the acquisition agreement, disclosure schedules, due diligence reports and data room documents.
- Conduct conference calls with the insureds deal team members and advisors to identify material risks and assess the motivation of the parties and the thoroughness of the due diligence process.
- Draft and negotiate transactional risk insurance policies, and work with in-house legal department to maintain current and competitive policy forms.
- Assist in-house claims department in responding to and resolving claims in an efficient and commercial manner.
- Prepare clearly written underwriting reports summarizing analysis of risks and rationale for coverage provided.
- Build relationships with brokers and engage in dialogue to discuss opportunities, pricing expectations and placement details.
- Maintain and continually improve underwriting and business skills through outside reading of legal and industry publications.
- Manage account files in accordance with department underwriting guidelines and adhere to standards set for quality and compliance.
- Achieve operating plan objectives through new business production.
- Ability to analyze complex risks quickly and thoroughly.
- Strong legal and financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, sales and relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload.
- Respond quickly and effectively to the needs of the brokers and insureds.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree
- JD, CPA or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of M&A experience
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartfords total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$165,040 - $247,560
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us () Culture & Employee Insights () Diversity, Equity and Inclusion () Benefits ()
Dir Underwriting - UC06CE