Truck and Trailer Mechanic $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
National Tank Services (a division of Trimac Transportation) is looking for a Journeyman Mechanic for our team. We value hard work, perseverance, and dedication and looking for people looking to grow! We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and a pension program.Development Plan and Flexibility
As a National Tank Services Mechanic, you have unprecedented flexibility you've never had before by moving through our mechanic developmental plan. Your hard work and experience are reflected in your pay as you move through our dynamic positions.About the Position:
- Trailer repair- PM, electrical work, brakes, and suspension.
- Tractor repair- PM electrical work, brakes, suspension, engine diagnostics, general running repairs; PTO.
- Basic tools required for the position.
- Red Seal an asset.
- Rotating shift: Days 6:30am to 5:00pm; Afternoons 1:30pm to 12:00am (different shift option available).
- Journeyman wage $40.95per hour based on 40 hours per week, plus shift premium.
- Annual tool and boot allowance.
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner.
- Follow policies & procedures.
- Work safely, using directed PPE.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines.
- Maintain fleet equipment.
- Drive and Shunt equipment.
- Operation of hand tools.
- Operation of air tools.
- Strong and reliable work ethic.
- Positive attitude and job performance.
- Extended health benefits.
- Pension plan.
- Tool allowance.
- Boot allowance.
- Apprenticeship Subsidy Program.
Educational Requirements: Trimac Safety Commitment
- Training to obtain Journeyman Red Seal status.
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet.
We make Safety a part of every decision
We make Safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable. Speak with a Recruiter now! 1-866-4-TRIMAC