Responsible for assisting in the design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for Application Administration of OSS applications supporting all Charter Divisions. Will participate in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Coordinates with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Conducts design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers.
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems/services.
- Collaborates to creates configuration designs for design and implementation of various environments.
- Creates work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management.
- Develops core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality/effectiveness.
- Installs, administers, configures and maintains OSS applications including operating systems and related software.
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Works with database administrators to configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages.
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades.
- Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage.
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required Skills/Abilities and KnowledgeAbility to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Advanced ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Advanced ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools.
- In-depth knowledge of OSS applications and software
- In-depth knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
- Ability to effectively transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including NetApp Clustered On-TAP, Cisco UCS, and VMWare system
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience; May require Industry Standard CertificationsRequired Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- 5+ years of Application Development work experience
- 4+ years of Network OSS application work experience
- 3+ years of System Administration work experience
- 3+ years of Database support and development work experience
- 3+ years of Enterprise Application Integration work experience
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Business analysis or related experience supporting Enterprise-wide applications
- Active Directory / LDAP Management Experience (Apache Directory Manager)
- Identity Management experience (Microfocus / NETIQ / IDM / IGA products)
- Experience with application and server monitoring technology (Splunk, Nagios)
- Ability to test business processes and recommend improvements
- Ability to convert roadmap features into smaller user stories
- Ability to write clear and well-structured business requirements/documents
- Ability to communicate and validate requirements with relevant stakeholders
- Quick learner, good listener, and a self-driven problem solver
- Understanding of Audit requirements for PCI and SOX
- Ability to prioritize work and document/organize information effectively
- Knowledge of using Jira, Confluence
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies and used an Agile methodology
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent
- CCIE Data Center or equivalent
- CCIE Routing and Switching or equivalent
- 7+ years of Application Development work experience
- 6+ years of Network OSS application work experience
- 5+ years of System Administration work experience
- 5+ years of Database support and development work experience
- 5+ years of Enterprise Application Integration work experience
Office environment ISY350 316802-2 316802BR