Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
Our Texas offices are looking for a Structural Team Leader. We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative engineer who leaves a strong positive impression on clients and who has a vision and insight to shape a better world. The successful candidate will assist us in our Aviation, Healthcare, SIT, and Property Markets.
This role's responsibilities and deliveries includes:
Leadership/ People Management:
- Contribute to the overall leadership of Arup's Property Portfolio focused businesses in the Americas region.
- Mentor and develop people, promote learning from successes and problems within the group.
- Ensure the technical, commercial, and soft skills development of staff
- Promote excellent quality of project work.
- Have a leadership role in the structural team and/or subject matter expert.
- Support on hiring and onboarding, and mentoring and developing structural staff
- Lead financial and technical performance on projects to time and budget.
- Assist to deliver the business internal operating plan goals including strong commercial performance of projects.
Business Development/Client Relationship Management:
- Be responsible and accountable for client relations (internal and/or external).
- Connect with clients, keep them informed, seek, and distribute client and stakeholder feedback, listen to complaints and praise team and collaborator for good performance, manage expectations, and respond appropriately.
- Ensure Arup competes effectively through a thorough understanding of external market conditions (method of procurement, fees, scope of service, conditions, and competitor benchmarks).
- Proactively engaging with clients and contractors to prepare high quality, technically efficient, and cost-effective project solutions.
- Seek other projects opportunities for Arup and contribute to or lead business development activities.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients and engineering partners.
- Lead proposal preparation and procure work. Preparing Arup submission material including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions. Project Management:
- Day to day management of the projects including scope, schedule, change management, financial performance, risk, acting as the key contact with the Arup client and the ultimate client and project stakeholders.
- Lead the overall design and/or management of the design of structural systems
- Oversee the quality of work delivered by the engineering team.
- Oversee the quality of construction drawings and specifications for structural systems.
The qualifications are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering; Master's Degree in Structural Engineering strongly preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience in the design and project management of structural systems in buildings in markets such as Aviation, Healthcare, SIT, and Property.
- Proven track record and good reputation in the industry of managing the design and delivery of large and complex structural projects.
- PE license and NCEES accreditation for comity to the USA states as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of engineers, other technical and support staff.
- Excellent track record in business development with exceptional team leadership and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen and financial skills.
- Sound industry networks amongst potential client markets and a significant reputation in a relevant area of expertise.
- The ability to prioritize work effectively, manage deadlines, and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as needed, to achieve agreed goals and results.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at americasbenefits@.