** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **JOB SCOPE
The Video Support Center (VSC) is a fast-paced 24x7 break/fix team that remotely supports all video transport and devices belonging to Charter Video Operations. This team operates on the front lines for national and regional video device support for the entire Charter footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for restoration of video and operational issues escalated from the Network Operation Centers, troubleshooting and providing technical mitigations to operational problems.
- Advanced configuration and support of advanced video equipment such as SDV/VOD, interactive cable set-top box controllers, multiplexers, MPEG transport, edge QAMs.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of processes and procedures used throughout normal video operations and provide training to Jr engineers.
- Interact with vendors and internal Charter engineering teams to mitigate and resolve issues quickly.
- Track and update progress and details in trouble ticketing system while troubleshooting and performing fix actions
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to quickly mitigate issues and restore the customer's services.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Video Engineering, Networking or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years video or network engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications, networks or systems
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with internal/external technical support in video environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Ability to work on remote video equipment and to take initiative to learn multiple video systems, devices and architectures in in a faced paced, quick restoration focused environment.
- Advanced experience and understanding of MSO video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Advanced experience or knowledge of interactive set top controller systems such as Arris/Commscope DACs and Synamedia/Cisco DNCS/ECs and their components, Channel lineup systems, Switched Digital Video (SDV) technologies and Video on Demand (VOD).
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing, encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Ateme and MediaKind.
- Advanced understanding and experience with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation platforms such as Cisco DCMs, Arris CAPs, DM6400 Cherry Pickers, Harmonic ProStream, MediaKind, Imagine etc.
- Advanced experience with MPEG monitoring such as IQ, Telestream Sentry, or MTSAs
- Advanced experience with Edge QAMs such as APEX1k-3k, NSGs.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving Live & Smooth Streaming technologies such as HLS, DASH.
- One or more of the following certifications or similar preferred: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Fundamentals of SDV, Digital Video and MPEG, DVEP, IPEP or CCNA a plus.
- Linix or Red Hat certification or experience a plus
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs, industry vendors' a plus
- Experience in technical troubleshooting and problem solving
#LI-HYBRID EVD335-VIDEO 323299-1 323299BR