NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations , a children's hospital , three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center , a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine , which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to , and interact with us on LinkedIn , Glassdoor , Indeed , Facebook , Twitter , YouTube and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Mgr Contract Admin(RED&F).
The mission of Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED+F) Department is to plan, develop, operate and maintain the campus of the NYU Langone Medical Center and provide the foundation for its growth and success in the 21st century. RED+F provides strategic campus planning and project development services, including architectural studies, programming, design, construction and associated infrastructure and technological upgrades, for new structures and renovations to existing structures on the NYU Langone Medical Center campus. The Department also operates and manages all facilities, infrastructure and related support services across the medical center. RED+F is composed of the Real Estate, Housing, Planning & Project Development, Facilities Operations & Management, Finance & Administration, Campus Security, Environmental Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Radiation Safety and Clinical Engineering divisions. Overall role and primary responsibilities. The Senior Manager is responsible to work independently with all levels of leadership and managers in RED+F to assess needs for contract services and other major purchases needed to support capital project delivery; develop acquisition strategies; and conduct procurements. The Senior Manager will manage junior staff members as needed.
- Develop acquisition-planning processes to ascertain needs for services and equipment in sufficient time to allow for effective procurements.
- Manage junior staff members performing components of this work
- Develop and manage vendor performance tracking systems
- Manage vendor relationships: manage lists of potential vendors; manage communication with vendors regarding procurement processes, on-boarding, and general performance issues
- Analyze technical and cost proposals for new awards and change orders to spot potential problems such as misunderstanding of scope; use analysis to work with users to revise specifications as needed and/or to negotiate price proposals for new awards and/or change orders
- Develop instructions for use of contracts and preparation of support documentation. Instructions must be easy for non-procurement staff members to understand. Instructions must provide for integration with financial management systems
- Working with users, develop statements of work and price schedules, using master contracts formats as available and proposing necessary modifications
- Analyze user needs to determine effective sourcing and contracting strategies and procurement schedules. Work with users to develop effective strategies and schedules
- Extensive experience managing and/or providing procurement services associated with delivery of capital projects
- Strong knowledge of contracting strategies
- Ability to work well with stakeholders in the procurement process, including users, senior leadership, financial management staff, vendors, and others, to develop a shared understanding of needs, the marketplace, and strategies for meeting needs. This entails the ability to work successfully in situations with high degrees of ambiguity and with people from diverse professional backgrounds and levels who have different interests.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate well with others from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to write well, develop effective presentations, and speak well
- Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic, and commitment to delivering a superior work product
- Experience BA or BS
- Ten years experience in procurement and contract administration associated with delivery of capital projects
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit .htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .