Apply for this job now
SQL Report Writer
- United States
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
While providing integrity to the casino and gambling industry for over 30 years, GLI has established an incomparable team of professionals. The SQL Report Writer is responsible for serving as a link between engineers, marketing associates, developers, as well as external clients, to identify and conceptualize insightful data analysis with actionable recommendations.
Who We Are
With over 30 years in the industry, Gaming Laboratories International is the global leader in the testing and certification of gaming devices and systems. We are proud of our stability and our history of world-class customer service delivery to more than 475 jurisdictions worldwide.
Why You Should Work Here
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, which is why they are our biggest investment. We offer competitive salaries, top-notch benefits and a company culture focused on employee development and career enhancement. Our team members have the opportunity to communicate and collaborate with colleagues around the world.
What You Will Accomplish Here
The Information Technology division at Gaming Laboratories International supports global IT processes ensuring the security and valuable operation of IT functions.
As an SQL Report Writer, you will effectively communicate with clients to translate business needs into detailed specifications and into useful, accurate solutions. This position serves as a link between engineers, marketing associates, developers, as well as external clients, to identify and conceptualize insightful data analysis with actionable recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Collaborates with various departments to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
• Write queries, views, or stored procedures to extract data.
• Publishes and manages dashboards to PowerBI
• Create, Maintain, Publish, and Edit reports to SSRS server
• Produces key performance indicator reports for management review
• Develops complex SQL queries and reports
• Implements self-service analytical tools to end users
• Maintains knowledge of testing and database design
• Designs and develops dashboard and reporting solutions for the analysis of senior management
• Identifies client needs and evaluates alternative business solutions with project management
• Analyze tables to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing
• Test and validate reports to insure accuracy and quality
• Automate or increase efficiency of existing reports
• Perform other duties as required
Experience, Education, Skills and Credentials:
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related position.
• Minimum 2 years directly related experience required
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel required
• Advanced SQL skills required
• Knowledge of SQL Reporting Services and PowerBI required
• Experience setting up PowerBI and PowerBI datasets required
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Must be able to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Knowledge on Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus
• Ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
• Valid driver's license
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation
Hours/Availability: Full-time. Availability to work overtime, as needed
Travel: Minimal domestic travel required
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact ext. 1262 for assistance
In accordance with GLI's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace during the pandemic, we require all new employees to be fully vaccinated with a Coronavirus vaccine. You will be asked to show proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
GLI is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
GLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Reference: 707227496-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Gaming Laboratories International
- Location: United States
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent