Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Are you seeking a dynamic position in security where you will positively impact both your peers and Mailchimp customers? If so, you might be the right person to fill a Senior Security Engineer role on our team. We have a security-positive culture and invest significant time and energy into our security program; as the company continues to grow, those efforts require additional coordination and alignment with company strategy.
Were looking for Engineers in this role to assist in securing the Mailchimp platform through advancements to Mailchimps product security, mentoring fellow engineers to produce better, more secure code, while helping drive improvements within Security and Engineering as a whole.
Security Engineers work closely with our in-house Penetration Testers and Security Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a highly-experienced Engineer with hands-on security experience who has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you'll bring
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You have an understanding of common web application stacks and patterns: LAMP, LEMP, MVC
- You have reviewed and provided recommendations for security architectures and/or assisted teams for designing secure systems in either a cloud environment (Google, Amazon or Azure) or on-prem
- You have a solid foundational knowledge of web application security concepts
How you will lead
- Work with teams across the organization to promote security best practices, understand problems, and collaborate on solutions all while staying current with emerging security standards
- Conduct security architecture discussions, code reviews, and lead security-related projects
- Identify broad, impactful areas for improving the security of Mailchimps platform
- Provide mentorship for and share expertise with teammates through training, contribution to documentation, and other avenues
- Participate in an on-call rotation for security incidents and assist in incident response processes
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.