This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Sr. QA Inspector (Line Operations) is a member of the Finishing Quality Assurance Team reporting directly to the Quality Finishing Line Operations Supervisor or Quality Finishing Line Operations Manager. The Sr. QA Inspector is responsible for ensuring an acceptable quality level (AQL) for all GMP products produced on the finishing lines. In addition, a Sr. QA Inspector is expected to be able to effectively make risk based quality decisions for minor issues that occur online. The Sr. QA Inspector is expected to contribute to an environment where partnership and efficiency are encouraged, and safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Supervise product quality through the performance of AQL inspection.
- Act as the first line of Quality Assurance support on the production lines.
- Cross-train on the basic job skills for both QA Label Control and QA Warehouse Technician (including release of labeling materials and Reserve Sample Inspection) and all other cross training as deemed appropriate by management.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications)
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech industry required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.).
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to qualify to visually inspect product including 20/20 corrected vision and passing a colorblindness test.
- Must be able to perform physical tasks which include lifting up to 30 lbs, bending, twisting, kneeling and stooping, as well as sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as applicable.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .