Originate various types of mortgage loans with compliance to Riverview and other wholesale lenders requirements and standards. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Riverview in a positive and professional manner, following all Riverview policies and procedures, and assure compliance with company or secondary market requirements.
- Schedule appointments and interview loan customers. Complete or assist in the completion of loan applications ensuring accuracy, compliance and thoroughness. Complete other necessary forms that are needed to process loans, such as Loan Estimates and other required disclosures.
- Compile and analyze data to qualify borrowers for loan program or product. Provide initial ratios for housing and long-term debt.
- Explain loan terms and conditions to borrowers, or related parties. Suggest and counsel customer on other financing options.
- Review, organize and evaluate loan files for acceptability to the various other wholesale lenders we broker loans to.
- Read, review, understand and analyze appraisals, loan applications, tax returns, title reports, credit reports, home inspections and other documents to assure compliance, including regulatory and/or applicable state and federal laws, with loan origination requirements on various types of mortgages.
- Prepare residential loan package for submission to Loan Committee per Riverview standards and procedures. Order documents as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of Freddie Mac underwriting guidelines, as well as all regulatory guidance.
- Handle inquiries from customers, builders, realtors or industry peers relating to the loan approval or closing process.
- Seek out answers for questions on files, programs or specific situations as needed.
- Keep accurate and current records of loan status, including but not limited to: current pipeline, loans in processing, loans submitted, loans in closing and closed loans.
- Solicit new business from various sources including, but not limited to: current bank customers, previous customers, real estate agents, builders, friends, family and the general public.
- Assist in the development and promotion of Riverview services, including cross-selling other services when appropriate.
- Be available to market Riverview products or programs.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers. Attend industry related meetings.
- Provide mortgage services for our customers to outside lenders and markets.
- Participates in and completes training objectives with passing scores.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular contact with supervisor to receive direction and interpretation of existing and new policies and procedures.
- Daily contact with customers in providing assistance in the completion of loan applications and related forms
- Periodic contact with other business prospects by attending functions, meeting or committees sponsored by industry-related organizations such as the Board of Realtors, Homebuilders Association, Chamber of Commerce and Lead Groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Local knowledge of market preferred. Current work experience in this type of position also preferred. Historical production performance assessment to market expectations will be a component of an experience assessment. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Managerial experience in mortgage field and/or Certified Mortgage Planner Designation. NMLS required. SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Requires basic skills associated with the general use of computers and other business office equipment.
- Ability to offer flexibility in a changing work environment is imperative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms in accessing and working with files. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be asked to move files, boxes, or small pieces of furniture and must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in working with written forms and computers. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock in working with standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. COMMENTS:
In supporting the accomplishment of company and departmental goals, it is the employee's responsibility to do all that is necessary to provide quality service to customers and fellow employees while furthering the positive image and interests of Riverview Community Bank. It is also the employee's responsibility to continually strive to maximize personal growth. Qualifications Education Required
Licenses & Certifications Required
- Years Exp 10 or better in Related experience or training
- Associates or better
- or a combination of education and experience or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)