At S&P Global (formerly IHS Markit), we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
S&P is seeking an experienced, driven, Senior Information Security Engineer based in Denver, CO who will report to the Director of Software Development for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution. The Senior Information Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring the security of our data resources, specifically ensuring that data security is properly baked in to our distributed data systems. You have a passion for information security. You are also committed to collaboration and open to new and innovative ideas, technologies, processes of work. Furthermore, as a key member of our agile development team, this information security role brings expertise in data security best practices and operations.
We believe in a method of working dynamically and collaboratively that supports freedom and responsibility, wherein the you build it, you run it philosophy is one that we value, promote, and enact on a daily basis. Our teams work in close collaboration with each other, and we emphasize idea-sharing to foster productivity.
The candidate must exhibit a passion for learning new diverse tools and technologies. The candidate must also be comfortable in driving data security initiatives, internally, and in the cloud.
- Work directly with the architecture and data engineering teams to create a security centric mindset.
- Ensure resources are properly secured in an environment running a content-based identity.
- Enable secure development and machine learning through advanced data security strategies like data masking, de-identification, data swapping, etc.
- Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for supported security technologies, and act as subject matter expert during escalations.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats, and attack techniques.
- Implement, triage, prioritize, document and mitigate security alerts in a distributed data system
- Participate in the software development process as defined by the Agile Scrum process. This includes participating in the requirements gathering process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve root cause issues in our dev, test, and production environments.
- Serve as team member role in on-time, high quality delivery of products through the entire application lifecycle.
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and solid knowledge and understanding of information security practices and policies.
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization.
- 3+ years of experience with Elasticsearch development.
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience.
- A bias to action a willingness to jump right in with an emphasis on producing results.
- Experience with public cloud services.
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum.
- Some experience with graph data (RDF), SPARQL.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site:
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $103,000 - $204,021. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
remote Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.