Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within Honeywell Sensor and Guidance and Navigation COE in Electronic Solutions (ES) organization. This position will be based in Clearwater, FL. You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will be involved in every aspect of the systems life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
The primary area of responsibility will be related to working with a team of System Engineers in the evaluation of inertial navigational systems to meet critical navigation performance. The individual will be directly involved in requirements analysis, test case creation, qualification testing, analysis, validation, integration, and support to formal verification of software and hardware.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, innovative thinker and strong team player. The candidate will need to communicate and listen effectively to form strong working relationships within Honeywell and with external customers. Effective test case creation and validation, development skills, team orientation, and focus on meeting customer requirements are required.
model based development system design
systems validation & verification
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Computer Software, Aerospace
- Minimum 3 years of Experience as a Systems Engineer
- Minimum 2 years of experience with scripting and programming with C/C++, Matlab, or Python (highly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Military applications, especially with guidance and navigation
- Minimum 2 years of experience with hardware and/or software requirements development, and test/verification
- Due to contract requirements, must be a US citizen
- Experience with DO-178, DO-254, and DO-160 requirements
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting complex electronic hardware and circuits
- Experience with lab equipment such oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
- Individual that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to adapt to change with ease
- Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
- JOB ID: HRD171963
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N,Clearwater,Florida,33764,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.