IKAV Energy Inc is a private E&P company with its US headquarters in Durango, Colorado, and belongs to the global energy infrastructure group, IKAV. IKAV has worldwide offices in Hamburg, Luxembourg, Milan, Madrid, Lisbon, Munich, and Paris and has launched its US franchise in 2019 managing and operating a billion-dollar portfolio on a long-term basis. At IKAV, teamwork is at the heart of our operations and is only strengthened by the many diverse and professional backgrounds that shape our team. IKAV believes in flat hierarchies and the empowerment of team members. In return, we expect exceptional motivation, a high degree of independent thinking, and the ability to spot opportunities for optimization and growth. This renewable's role will develop and implement renewable projects for IKAV throughout the United States.
The Renewables Development Manager will be based in Durango, Colorado and he/she will be member integrated in the renewables global Centre of Competence of IKAV. The post holder will play a key role in supporting the renewable transition of our United States assets. Duties/Responsibilities
- Identify new opportunities matching IKAV business requirements.
- Develop renewable projects such as wind or solar energy project within the region of the United States.
- Identify development prospects, including market assessments, fatal flaw identification and initial site reconnaissance.
- Evaluate and track power market trends to maintain competitive pricing strategies and manage resource assessment processes.
- Secure site control for development prospects, including negotiating leases, easements and other agreements with landowners.
- Coordinate landowner communication efforts.
- Secure interconnection permits for each project, managing relationship with the utilities and related parties.
- Take a lead role in obtaining all required local, state and/or federal permits.
- Represent IKAV with customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders.
- Management and leading the project business development activities and coordinating all internal and external support (technical, environmental, legal, etc.)
- Assist project budgeting and scheduling.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules,
- Ability to produce documentation and collateral and to develop IKAV excellence in project delivery capability and methodologies.
- Preparation of the annual plan and progress reporting.
- To support Execution/EPC contract negotiations to ensure smooth transition.
- Bachelor's Degree related to business or engineering.
- More than 5 years' work experience in the development of renewable and clean energy projects.
- A strong understanding of the development process of clean and renewable energy projects.
- Strong organizational, networking, leadership, time management, and accounting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and confidence to develop and present to senior audiences within a customer environment or at industry conferences.
- Familiarity with energy project development, real estate development, transmission and power project engineering are advantageous.
- Candidate must have a work authorization that would permit them to work for IKAV in the United States.
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions required.
- Able to travel to the various sites across United States to support the development activities.
Base salary estimated based on experience up to $150,000 USD.