Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
As a Federal Accounting - Senior Consultant on our Public Sector Financial Services team, you will help clients optimize their financial operations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Apply advanced technical expertise and skills to implement business solutions
- Provide direction to small teams and interact with government personnel
- Perform accounting research and provide clear and concise guidance to Federal Government clients that is rooted in laws and regulations Monitor and provide feedback on audit remediation efforts/plans executed by various organizations
- Support ad hoc requests such as researching topical accounting/auditing issues, developing and reviewing position papers, providing integration support, etc.
- Produce a variety of communications from informal email interactions with clients to formal memos, issue papers, presentations, executive briefings, and others
- Conduct research to investigate client problems and work collaboratively with your team to formulate and recommend solutions
- Assist clients in analyzing projects and programs to identify risks and help develop, apply, and monitor mitigations
- Support clients in collecting and analyzing data, producing models and visualizations, and draw conclusions from the data to improve decision-making
- Analyze and help develop and/or improve policies and procedures for a variety of programs and operational needs
- Provide strategic guidance and technical assistance for audit preparation and remediation efforts (e.g., develop integrated enterprise strategies; develop, implement, and validate corrective action plans)
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial business processes
In addition to client-facing responsibilities, this role will support important activities that contribute to the growth of our business, strengthen internal Guidehouse operations, and create a positive work environment for all Guidehouse employees. Some of these activities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in business development activities, such as identifying potential client needs and ways Guidehouse can assist, develop proposals and white papers, participate in client and internal account meetings, and more
- Participate in Guidehouses programs for coaching and mentoring staff
- Assist in the development of learning and development materials, courses, and presentations to help Guidehouse employees expand and strengthen their skills
- Support Guidehouse programs and initiatives
- Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree from an accredited United States college or university in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance
- Years of Experience: Candidate must have a minimum of three years of full-time experience with progressive experience providing consulting services to Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies, within the CFO or similar office
- Ability to lead technical workstreams, including in a client-facing role, with a strong commitment to quality and standardization
- Understanding of OMB and GAO requirements related to internal controls planning, testing, and reporting as well as Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA)Experience managing multiple work streams affecting all aspects of the A-123 process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Significant attention to detail
- Relevant certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM), Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Familiarity with Federal Government lending and financial assistance programs
- Federal accounting knowledge, including the United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL) and Treasury Financial Manual, and knowledge of Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA)
- Federal audit support, audit liaison, corrective action planning, and remediation
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development practices and interest in growing a business
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
- While this role is available virtually, strong preference will be given to candidates local to Washington, DC.
- The starting base salary for this position is $85,000-$120,000, depending on experience and location.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program