Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
Were looking for an amazing human resources professional to fill this role, which is based in our Seattle or Santa Clarita office. This position can also be remote. Youll be responsible for reviewing incoming crew inquiries under assigned payrolls or as assigned relating to pay and wages and will need to properly assess what research is needed by either or combination of Payroll, FRST, Compensation or other key teams in People Team. Incumbent will need to appropriately reply to assigned crew inquiries, process prior period adjustments, ensuring calculation of wages owed is accurate and issuance of pay is timely. May be assigned to review adjustments submitted by other team members for accuracy of prior period wage calculations. Payroll reports assigned must be properly audited and incumbent must be able to determine how to resolve discrepancies and know when proper escalation is required. This is a very fast paced environment, and a high level of independence, professionalism, collaboration is expected and have ability to properly determine situations that must be escalated to the team Supervisor, Manager and/or Director.
Heres a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Specialist, Payroll. Is this you? Responsibilities
- Payroll Operations - As assigned, oversees various payrolls to process payments to shipboard employees, ensure auditing of audit reports and that payrolls meets all SOX controls and compliance; Assists with payroll calculations on specific shipboard programs, including Retirement and Stock benefits; Serves as a backup to the Fleet Payroll team when the Fleet Payroll Supervisor is unavailable
- Quality Assurance - Performs processing and auditing of assigned audit reports and payrolls, ensuring appropriate SOX controls are adhered to for compliance
- Customer Service / Teamwork - Provides customer service to ship-based employees, researching and responding to various payroll inquiries
- Project Participation - when assigned, participates in projects to improve processing or system efficiencies
- Compliance - Ensures continued compliance with applicable regulations, safeguarding assets, and employee data, and functioning in line with the companys Core Values.
- Associates Degree in Payroll, Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPP or CPA certification is preferred OR any combination of experience, training, or education
- This job normally requires 4 years of payroll, accounting, or audit experience, and familiarity with international payroll processing
- Demonstration of directly related work experience, which has provided an equivalent breadth and depth of knowledge, may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and process management skills
- Proficiency in Excel and the use of computerized payroll system is required
- Strong understanding of financial and processing controls and audit processes is required
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems and to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with all levels of employees, management, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities, to meet frequent deadlines, and to work with sensitive and confidential information is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America Line is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
Our Culture Stronger Together:
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact