Make a significant impact on a world-class health organization. Elevate and maintain the operational effectiveness of a dynamic health care leader. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As a key member of our Medical Center Payroll Office, you will be responsible for time/personnel data processing for approximately 800 to 1,600 personnel in cost centers for such UCLA Health entities as Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center, Tiverton House, and the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. You will prepare and enter data for payment; review edits and correct pay entries; complete payroll transactions; and process leave accrual adjustments. You may also be responsible for special projects as well as processing payroll for non-hospital funds, including large research grants, gift funds or 19900 funds.
We're seeking a self-directed, collaborative team player with:
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in payroll processing
- Experience working with payroll in a hospital setting, highly desirable
- Experience working with payroll and leave programs for multiple bargaining unit contracts preferred
- Working knowledge of internal payroll controls highly desirable
- Ability to analyze and apply University of California payroll/personnel policies and bargaining unit agreements, as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Excellent math skills to calculate ratios, decimals, add, subtract, multiply and divide using a 10-key calculator
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to sensitively handle confidential information
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Expertise in monitoring multiple concurrent tasks preferred
- Knowledge of UC policies/procedures for research grant personnel a plus
- Computer and data entry proficiency with Microsoft Office and the internet
- Ability to transport heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles' trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you're looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, you can at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
UCLA Health welcomes all individuals, without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or disabilities, and we proudly look to each persons unique achievements and experiences to further set us apart.