Citi's Personal Banking and Wealth Management (PBWM) Operation Fraud Prevention (OFP) drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues. PBWM OFP fosters a culture of control, customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks. This position will be part of the PBWM OFP CAO Transformation Risk and Control and is accountable for control related matters with respect to identified area of responsibility. Whether supporting transformation related work or directly interacting with process owners to document end to end processes and identify control automation opportunities, this role provides critical support and guidance to ensure effective execution of all Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) related requirements. This role is also integral to the PBWM OFP governance routines including the timely execution of governance and oversight activities and ownership or support successful issue management disciplines.
- Support the development and execution of Transformation activities related to Risk & Control, Compliance and Governance routines
- Partner with North America Operations teams to effectively define and document business process and initiatives to assist in risk assessment and control identification
- Assess the spectrum of risks and how those risks arise
- Leverage available tools and processes to support process owners in the design and development of effective controls and monitoring methods, with a focus on automation and efficiency
- Identify key risk indicators and work with the business on development. Effectively challenge to ensure correct measures are in place
- Ensure there is a strong escalation culture within aligned operational areas. Partner with peers across North America and globally to drive consistent execution and learn from incidents that did not occur within direct operational area
- Execute Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) requirements as defined in policy and optimize efforts to drive efficiency and consistency across North America
- Compile evidence and materials for Quarterly and Annual Risk Assessment Reviews as required
- Work effectively across North America and Global CAO teams
- Build strong relationships across all three lines of defense
- Work with Operations teams to ensure adequate preparation for audits and reviews
- Communicate to all stakeholders (including Senior Management) on a timely basis in a clear manner
- Identify reputational risk and its operational / financial cause / effects. Manage situations that create operational risk
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Business & Function Risk Control Leads, Global
- Escalate appropriately and timely any concerns that could put timeliness and completeness of deliverables at risk
- Understand and articulate the unique needs and risks associated with Global Operations & Fraud Prevention
- Prior experience in Consumer Operations, Controls, Compliance and/or Risk Management
- General understanding of relevant banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Continuous improvement mind-set - assess impact of actions and adjust as needed; simplify and standardize at every opportunity
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi / understand downstream impacts of decisions made
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and strengthen infrastructure and controls in a way that: drives value, enables the build of better product and services and balances risks and returns/growth
- Partner across the business in a way that demonstrates collective obligation on managing risk through appropriate controls
- Process re-engineering and improvement mind-set with ability to identify and solve for root cause rather than symptoms; address problem solving and opportunities in a holistic way/break down organization silos
- Continuously seek out opportunities to improve products and services; learn from mistakes
- Seek out diverse perspectives and skill sets recognizing that the power of Citi is the sum of its parts
- Constructively challenge others at all levels and across boundaries to deliver better results; invite challenge
- Fully commit to decisions once made
- Be comfortable communicating reality - both positive and negative - honestly, openly, and directly
- Work across teams and boundaries, regardless of titles and roles, to deliver the full value of Citi to clients
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical proficiencies in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, video conferencing.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across business units and key functional support areas.
- Ability to apply advanced analysis methodologies, interpret and present findings in a clear, concise manner
- Six Sigma or other relevant training is added value.
- Strong judgmental and critical thinking skills. Detail oriented, with proven ability to challenge and identify opportunities within existing processes and business practices.
This will be a hybrid position (working a couple of days a week on-site and from home).
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.