**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20K Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Algorithm & Simulation (A&S) Directorate is responsible for algorithm development including Guidance, Navigation, and Control; radio frequency (RF) and electro-optical/infrared (EO-IR) Signal Processing; and missile-and-sensor-level Modeling and Simulation for RMD's broad portfolio of projects, programs, and products. The Flight Sciences department, within Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) is looking for motivated and dependable mid-career engineers with subject matter expertise in flight control system design, integration support, and performance assessment for missile systems to perform in the role of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer at our Tucson, AZ location.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- The Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer will apply knowledge of advanced computational techniques and aerodynamics to support design and analysis of missile systems in subsonic, transonic, supersonic, and hypersonic flight regimes.
- In this role, you will develop solutions to complex problems that require application of advanced principles. You will be depended on for uncovering and resolving issues associated with development and implementation of aerodynamic designs.
- You will enable the successful completion of significant program efforts and represent the organization as an embedded authority on program efforts within the field of computational fluid dynamics and aerodynamics.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 additional years of experience and a PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required for this position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in STEM and 5 (five) years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 3 (three) years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 9 (nine) years of relevant experience is required
- Experience in aerodynamic design and analysis of flight vehicles
- Experience with aerodynamic prediction using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) methodologies.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Python.
- Experience with subsonic, transonic, and/or supersonic aerodynamic applications of CFD.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Existing U.S. security clearance
- Experience with Metacomp Technologies' CFD++, Pointwise, and either Fieldview or Tecplot
- Experience with Direct Simulation Monte Carlo (DSMC) analysis and Large Eddy Simulation (LES)
- Experience with CFD for hydrodynamic applications, aerothermal applications, and/or inlet design and analysis
- Experience with vehicle stability and control, aerodynamic model generation, aerodynamic uncertainty quantification and modeling, and/or wind tunnel testing
- Knowledge of and experience with verification and validation techniques
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Master's or PhD Degree in an Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Math or Physics
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.