At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Weapons & Platforms Center (W&PC) within the Systems Integration and Test Directorate is seeking candidates for the position of Systems Engineer for development and production programs. The position is located in Tucson Arizona.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
This position is eligible for a minimum of $20,000 Sign-on Bonus
Sign-on Bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates
Responsibilities to Anticipate
Integration, verification and field qualification testing, review and analysis data elements to provide detailed reports of results. Should test failures occur, perform root cause and corrective action analysis as required. Accountable for completeness of all documentation and may include the creation and presentation of Consent to Ship (CTS) and Test Readiness Review (TRR) Packages. Able to support field testing and occasional travel for durations typically for a one or two week duration. Support leadership with providing proposal support including of Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for integration and field Qualification test support. Champion respect, ethics and diversity initiatives within the organization.
Qualifications you must have:
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Math or other related engineering discipline. A minimum of five (5) years of technical/engineering experience in a test environment with emphasis in test planning and/or execution.
Must have experience with four (4) or more of the following areas:
- Hardware Systems Integration experience
- Platform Integration/Flight Test experience
- Experience supporting field tests
- Telemetry Analysis experience
- Experience evaluating requirements
- Experience with troubleshooting and failure process
- Experience with the use of lab/field test equipment
- Experience with Verification and Validation methods and associated activities
- Experience creating integration and verification strategies to support efficiency improvements
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience in RF/EO integration of hardware systems with high level of understanding of digital signal processing algorithms, advanced waveforms, antenna patterns, and techniques used in resource-constrained missile systems
- Experience with RF spectral and temporal effects for sensor and backgrounds, including clutter, multipath, self-interference, grounding and shielding, and mitigation factors
- Experience in integrating RF/EO sensor output, either modulated waveforms or streams of digital samples used for real-time representation of RF/EO scenes data collection / analysis (including Telemetry)
- Test Systems design experience and collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines, such as electrical, electronics, mechanical, software, and computer engineering
- Experience in integration with test equipment, telemetry data analysis tools, and missile systems host platforms
- Technical leadership with capture/pursuit experience, including contribution or authoring of white papers, RFI responses, proposal of technical volumes, or related experience
- Experience managing and presenting technical data to Stakeholders and Customer community, in design reviews and technical interchange meetings
- Understanding and working knowledge of troubleshooting and failure process
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and family backup care.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.