Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Physician Psychiatrist - Adult Mental Health Services
A reputable and well-established clinic located under 2-hours from Tulsa, Oklahoma, is seeking an experienced Adult Mental Health Psychiatrist/Medical Director to join their team to care within inpatient & outpatient settings! . This role is open to new graduates from residency! $20K sign-on bonus, Relocation assistance/reimbursement available.
- The position includes being Medical Director of a 10-bed geriatric psychiatry unit. Although it caters to the geriatric population, the unit is not exclusively geriatric. The unit does accept younger patients on a case-by-case basis. The psychiatry team also includes licensed counselors, psych nurses, case managers, and therapeutic activity coordinators who collaborate with patients and their families to ensure that the care is individualized, comprehensive, and upholds the dignity of human life at a most delicate time for both the patient and their families.
Essential Duties Major responsibilities:
- General work week is M-F, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- The Provider will see on average of 12-15 patients per day (30-minute slots)
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment for a specified patient population
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Develop therapy plans
- Coordinate with healthcare professionals when hospitalization is required
- Advise patients on how to cope with mental diseases and emotional breakdowns
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in the area of expertise
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the health centers mission statement
- Must have an MD or DO degree from an accredited program/university with completed residency in Psychiatry
- Must be an Oklahoma State licensed Psychiatrist or eligible to obtain if out of state applicant
- Board Certification or Board Eligible with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- DEA License
- Must be comfortable seeing geriatric patients and on rare occasions, adolescents
- 25 paid days off per year, and 6 major holiday days off, for a total of 31 days per year
- Malpractice Insurance
- Competitive 401k (doc contributes 5% and we match 4%). Immediately vested from the start of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
The Surrounding Community:
- Wonderful small town, safe community
- Great independently owned local restaurants and stores to try and explore!
- Beautiful rolling green pastures
- Water and outdoor nature activities are available both locally and right outside of town
- Near the Arkansas border, a commute's distance from Fort Smith and Fayetteville, AR
- Housing available in town or adjacent