Medical Director opening in Bronx, New York.
Essen Health Care is currently seeking a Medical Director for our Nursing Home Division
- We Offer Competitive Salary
- Malpractice, Health Insurance, Dental, Optical, life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Pretax dollars transit and parking
- Paid Medical Malpractice
The selected candidate(s) will be responsible for continuum quality routine patient care and rehabilitation to our patients. Essen Health Care specializes in providing quality care in our community
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to the following:
- Examining and coordinating the facility's activities to guarantee medical quality.
- Assisting with training, continuing education, and promotion of subordinate staff
- Managing the facility's budget.
- Updating, amending, and replacing medical policies with the advice of the medical board.
- Developing cooperation between physicians, paramedics, nurses, and medical departments.
- Evaluating and managing any disfunction of medical units.
- Ensuring staff and facility's compliance with federal and state regulations and codes.
- Keeping your medical knowledge, experience, and licenses up to date.
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- A Medical degree and board certification in Internal Medicine family medicine, emergency care, or occupational health
- A license and certification to practice medicine.
- Five or more years' experience in administration.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good computer and electronic record skills
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
- Nursing Home experience strongly preferred
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a population health model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.