Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category
Product Management/Pricing Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range
$101,300.00 - $167,100.00 Target Openings
1 What Is the Opportunity?
This position partners with leadership to support the profit and loss of a particular product or Line of Business. Manages or coaches individuals who focus on analyzing competitor behaviors, marketplace dynamics, pricing segmentation, and line and segment level analysis. Partners with senior leaders to formulate and collaborate on product or LOB strategies in conjunction with regulatory, actuarial, underwriting and Claim. Participates in line of business strategies at a countrywide level, while collaborating with markets to understand state level dynamics. This job may manage others. What Will You Do?
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Participate in a lead role in the successful execution and completion of assigned strategic initiatives and projects
- Develop solutions to resolve challenges of an initiative
- Propose change and innovation in order to improve project team performance and timelines
- This position will often participate on cross-unit initiatives and may participate on Enterprise initiatives
- Perform line management analyses to solve business problems
- Support and drive components of unit initiatives. Begin to support broad department initiatives
- Take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments
- Begin to make proposals in accordance with department practices
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the Enterprise within the scope of influence
- Communicates analysis, project results, and other business initiatives to peers and business partners
- Communicates topics to both a technical and non-technical audience within the primary working group with guidance from manager
- Actively participates and may lead group discussions at the unit level
- Creates formal written communication such as memos or presentations with guidance and peer review
- Networks and collaborates on ideas and challenges
- Retention and development of assigned staff
- Execute and communicate talent development processes, including performance and personal development goals
- Talent assessment recommendations
- Performance management
- Mentor less experienced talent across the Enterprise
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit
- Support various training and skill development initiatives across assigned Segment and the Enterprise
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Mathematics, Management Information, Finance, Actuarial Science, Economics or other related field
- Masters degree
- 4 years of experience in data analytics
- General knowledge of Business Insurance lines, products and systems
- General knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques
- Technical Knowledge/Critical Thinking:
- Able to extract and analyze data
- Team Orientation:
- Ability to interact with business partners, work with DOI and connections within the Industry to gather competitive techniques
- Planning and Project Management:
- Intermediate project management skills
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Communication Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of actuarial concepts such as loss development and trending
- Global level of understanding while coaching others on competitive analysis tools, and how to extract and analyze data
- Has command of profitability, risk loads and other ratemaking concepts
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Access, and Word
- Intermediate Leadership Skills, including ability to:
- Leverage differences
- Manage in participative manner
- Develop employees
- Manage change effectively
- Inspire others and promote a vision
- Understand and navigate organization
What Is in It for You?
- 2 years of experience in data analytics
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Employment Practices
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email () so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .