The Lead Software Engineer independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world. Principal Accountabilities:
- Conducts full system testing.
- Defines key metrics driving code optimization and leads discussion of code reviews; manages environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify solution problems and issues outside code.
- Develops designs for all aspects of a project; mentors seniors software engineers.
- Exhibits language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests as well as designs independently. Contributes to architectural discussions. Interprets and enforces architecture for a development team. Mentors developers, and is influential within company division.
- Influences best practices development, contributing to process enhancements, and enforces best practices on project work.
- Proficient in SQL knowledge, intermediate in database modeling and skilled in database tuning.
- Strong recent hands-on experience in server side Java.
- Using MVC Frameworks, Spring, Hibernate.
- Strong understanding in Relational database concepts.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience working in a Linux environment and open-source libraries.
- Understanding of financial industry concepts is a plus.
- Agile/lean software development techniques and supporting tools like JIRA.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with no-sql database like Cassandra and messaging architecture like kafka is a plus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.