Journeyman/Apprentice Truck and Trailer Mechanic
Trimac Energy Services Shop provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees. As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for an experienced Heavy-Duty Journeyman/Apprentice Mechanic to join their team in Hardisty, AB! Accountability
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism and recommend positive workplace change.
- To communicate and follow Company Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Shift: 8 on and 6 off, 10-hour shifts.
- Journeyman rate $42.93
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrates self-control under pressure and maintains a positive attitude towards fellow employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Journeyman Trailer Mechanic Certificate.
- Grade 12 graduate
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Full understanding of all elements of the job (i.e.: shop safety, shop work practices, mechanical systems, use of all hand and power)
- Computer keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of computer business systems is desirable
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pull/push, stairs.
- Most of the work is conducted in a Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Boot allowance
- Apprenticeship Subsidy Program
We make safety a part of every decision
We make safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable. Speak with a Recruiter now! 1-866-4-TRIMAC