Reviews all pertinent documentation, including but not limited to: Physician documentation, nursing documentation, laboratory and radiology reports, treatment records, and other documentation within the electronic medical record. Select and sequence appropriate diagnostic and procedures codes utilizing ICD-10-CM and/or ICD-10-PCS codes. Able to accurately group codes into DRGs and write compliant physician queries.
- Consistently Meets Quarterly Productivity Standard: 95%Consistently Meets Quarterly Quality Standard: 95%
- Codes inpatient records according to coding guidelines and conventions. Assigns diagnoses and procedures for billing, data retrieval and research purposes, using numerical codes of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
- Optimize codes for reporting and generates DRGs for all inpatient records.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines
- Assures accounts that cannot be coded are held for valid reasons and documented accurately utilizing Unbilled Reason Codes (URCs)/GQ Flags
- Makes determinations on consolidating coded clinical information from multiple registrations or splitting coded information from single admissions based on reporting rules. Advises Billing Department of these determinations.
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant experience Coding Required
- CRT-Coding Specialist (CCS) - AHIMA American Health Information Management Association Upon Hire required Or
- CRT-Professional Coder - AAPC American Academy of Professional Coders Upon Hire required Or
- CRT-Outpatient Coder, Certified (COC) - UNKNOWN Unknown Upon Hire required Or
- CRT-Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) - AAPC American Academy of Professional Coders Upon Hire required Or
- CRT-Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) - AHIMA American Health Information Management Association Upon Hire required
Some of the benefits provided include
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Retirement Plans
- Discount Program
- Learning Opportunities
- Inclusion Resource Groups
For more information click here ()
Apply now to learn more about joining a nationally known health system with an ambitious vision. We cannot do it alone. Our people are at the heart of what we do. Improve health. Inspire hope. Save lives.
SITE - Lakeland Medical Center - 1234 Napier Ave - St Joseph
Hospital Coding - Lakeland
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday to Saturday
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Spectrum Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling . We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.