Oneida Technical Solutions, LLC (OTS) has a rich history of providing IT support and associated services in highly complex, highly regulated, highly secure environments, including the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), law enforcement, health care, retail, and the casino gaming industry. OTS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oneida Nation Enterprises and is the parent company of Croop-LaFrance (CLF), an experienced federal contracting firm.
We are currently seeking a Help Desk Manager to support one of our Federal Contracts located in Rome, NY. Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the User Services Lead, the Help Desk Manager is a working member of the User Services group responsible for the management of the Tier 1 User Services team to ensure performance objectives and schedules are met and that all provided services are of the highest quality. He/she will proactively implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels, quick resolution of issues, continuous improvement and the elimination of inefficiencies and technical issues. This position is responsible for the User Services group to include Help Desk Technicians. Help Desk Manager
This position requires effective time management and multi-tasking skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communications abilities to report up-channel as needed. The Manager is a working team member, with hands-on knowledge of the areas supported to effectively streamline business processes.
- Provide Remedy training as needed to existing or new staff to ensure proper and consistent usage
- Proactively organize, direct and oversee the day to day activities of the Help Desk to ensure quality customer service
- Ensure work area coverage through contract hours including receiving and proactively managing contacts from staff if they are unable to report to work for their scheduled shift.
- Assign and establish priorities; coordinate efforts to expedite workflow and ensure work is completed in a timely fashion in accordance with established SLAs, policies and procedures
- Develop team effectiveness through coaching, communication, motivation and mentoring
- Champion a customer-focused technically competent team that is able to deliver services that meet or exceed the needs of the organization
- Track and monitor individual performance metrics to measure effectiveness and productivity
- Coach, motivate and mentor less experienced team members to improve overall team performance.
- Document and report noted performance issues to the User Services Lead.
- Act as the Point of Contact for client escalations and operational issues.
- Identify, analyze and communicate customer support trends through analysis of ticket and phone call data
- Conduct assessments/audits of service delivery performance objectives to identify opportunities for improvement, correctives actions and mitigation strategies.
- Attend client meetings and provide feedback to staff.
- Design policies and standard operating procedures, job aids and checklists
- Monitor service calls and emails to observe help desk staff's demeanor and technical accuracy to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues; provide feedback as needed
- Provide training to new hires and continual training to staff on operational procedures
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT-related discipline preferred
- 5+ years as a Help Desk Manager.
- Successful, proven experience applying ITIL in a Help Desk Environment
- Experience with Remedy software.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Must be available to work on-site between the hours of 7AM - 5PM and outside of standard hours by special arrangement
- Available via phone 24/7.
- Experience with a DoD Help Desk operations preferred
- At least one (1) year experience with Windows desktop support
- At least two (2) years experience working knowledge of remote tools
- Review/Respond daily to remedy tickets, meeting all SLAs
- Attend meetings when required
- Must stay current with all government-mandated training
- Must enter and respond to remedy trouble tickets meeting SLAs outlined in the Performance Metrics
Oneida Technical Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.