Heavy Duty Mechanic/Apprentice
National Tank Services Shop provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees.
As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, we are looking for a Heavy-Duty Mechanic or Apprentice to join our team in Edmonton, AB! ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ability to perform CVIP inspections.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism and recommend positive workplace change.
- Journeyman rate $41.78 per hour, plus shift premium.
5 days on and 2 off - 3 days on and 4 off;2pm to 12:30am KEY SKILLS:
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Journeyman/ Apprentice HD Mechanic.
- CVIP certification is required(Journeyman only).
- Grade 12 graduate.
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Computer keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of computer business systems is required.
Trimac: Safety is our Core Value
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pull/push, stairs.
- The majority of work is conducted in a Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene