Health Aide or CNA $19 to $23/hr , Great Benefits! Health Insurance! Mileage Paid!
Full Time# of Openings:
Summit ElderCare - LeominsterOverview Fallon Health Vaccination Requirements:
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, members and communities we serve, Fallon Health now requires all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status. As of 2/1/2022 all roles not designated as "Remote" require full COVID-19 vaccination and Fallon Health will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
This is one of the better opportunities out there for Health Aides or CNAs and we will take great care of you!
Several shifts available-let us know what works best for you when you apply !
+ Great benefits!
- 30 Hours a week gets you our full-time benefits offering!
- Health Insurance offerings!
- Paid Time Off!
- 10 Holidays!
- 401K Savings Plan!
- Tuition Assistance!
- Vision Care, Life Insurance and more!!
+ $19/hr to start and far exceeds state pay average!
+ Extra pay for shifts outside normal workday!
- Extra $3.50/hr weekdays between 7pm and 7am Monday through Friday (shift ends Friday at 7am)
- Extra $4.00/hr for weekends beginning at 7pm on Friday and ending 7am on Monday.
+ Mileage Reimbursement!
+ Respectful and Desirable Health Aide / CNA Work Setting!
- Predictable Hours!
- Safe and highly vaccinated work environment including the member population you care for
- Our Health Aides and staff love the familiarity and relationships establishes with our members
- You will likely find more autonomy and flexibility than you have in your current role
- Our model is low-volume and very member and quality care focused
About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation's top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fallonhealth.org.
About Summit ElderCare:
Fallon Health operates the largest Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in New England and the fifth largest in the country. Called Summit ElderCare, Fallon's PACE helps provide older adults and their caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing home care. Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to comprehensive medical services and social support at a Summit ElderCare site while they keep the independence of living in their own homes and communities.
Summary: Provides personal care, light housekeeping and assistance with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) as outlined in each SE participant's plan of care in participant homes as well as at the PACE center; exercises independent judgement; reports any changes in participant status to the IDT; participates in carrying out infection control precautions and increased cleaning and disinfecting of the PACE center as assigned and in accordance with current CDC guidelines. Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the RN, assists with the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) needs of participants both at the PACE center and in participants' homes (i.e., community, Assisted Living Facilities, Rest Homes, Supportive Housing programs, etc.)
- Contributes to the development of a care plan for participants through interaction with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Collaborates with members of the Interdisciplinary Team to assure appropriateness and continuity of care.
- Carries out non-skilled treatments including, but not limited to vital signs, transfers, toileting, bathing, dressing at the PACE Center and in the community.
- Assists the Supervisor, Recreational Activities and other activities staff with individual and group programs by helping to plan individual treatment programs, increasing participants' motivation to participate, assisting participants to participate when needed, and assisting with evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Assists registered therapists and certified therapy assistants with treatments and participant-specific activities which are ordered for each participant and assigned by the registered therapist including, but not limited to, positioning, transfers, ambulation, and exercises.
- Maintains a clean and safe working and/or living environment in the PACE center and/or participants' homes.
- Assists with meal and snack preparation, serving, feeding as needed, and clean-up.
- Uses safe techniques in all interactions with participants at the PACE Center and in participants' homes.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation in the EMR and other systems as required by SE policies and procedures and/or as assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in carrying out schedule of daily cleaning and disinfecting of the PACE center in accordance with CDC guidelines for increased precautions
- Actively participates in distribution of work for health aides to ensure care needs of participants and site tasks are completed timely and appropriately including but not limited to community-based care and center-based tasks, as assigned
- Actively participates in regular team meetings for health aides at respective site
- Participates in carrying out infection control precautions and increased cleaning and disinfecting of the PACE center as assigned and in accordance with current CDC guidelines
- Performs all duties in accordance with FH and Summit ElderCare policies and procedures.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Certification: Certification as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant desirable; CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to be certified within 60 days of employment is required
Experience: One or more years experience working with the elderly in a health care setting.
Reliable transportation required.
Fallon Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.