About the role:
Takeda has committed to reaching Value Chain (Scope 3) net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) targets, which will require a substantial transition from data sources and systems currently in use to track and report GHG emissions and to measure progress to emissions reduction targets. This newly-created and highly visible role - The Accounting & Measurement (A&M) Manager will be a key member of Takeda's Planet Initiative and will help develop and implement Takeda's strategy for maintaining and improving the accuracy of GHG accounting and reporting methodology while planning and executing the transition of base data and emissions estimations from generic to supplier-specific emission factors.
- This role will provide technical expertise related to value chain sustainability accounting and measurement. The role will bridge across multiple functions including Procurement, Environmental Sustainability and Data/Digital, helping the team to meet sustainability reporting and assurance requirements while optimizing the use of data management systems.
- Successful system transition will require understanding sustainability reporting and accounting in accordance with the GHG Protocol and other applicable guidelines and the limitations of existing methodologies and data systems. This role will develop and/or steer innovative ways to more accurately measure and transparently report value chain GHG emissions to better inform and align business decisions to our net-zero strategy.
How you will contribute:
- Lead development and execution of value chain (Scope 3) accounting and reporting methodology and implement systems and processes that meet internal and external reporting needs and facilitate achievement of corporate net-zero goals.
- Develop a roadmap for our accounting and measurement systems that will enable Takeda to track progress to our Scope 3 net-zero climate goals.
- Benchmark to identify best transitional/hybrid accounting data systems, evaluate top data systems and work with data/digital and other internal partners to identify and embed the best available choice.
- Develop and implement Scope 3 data management processes to facilitate the transition from spend-based accounting to activity-based. Lead the execution and documentation of the transition strategy to ensure conformance with the GHG Protocol and other applicable standards
- Identify high priority areas and quick-win opportunities to accelerate Scope 3 GHG emissions reduction progress toward targets. Leverage extended internal and external resources to conduct appropriate pilot studies and gain team alignment on the best methodology choices . Anticipate and mitigate risks associated with data system transitions.
- Work with cross-functional internal stakeholders to gain support and/or approval for new scope 3 accounting platforms and manage the transition from legacy applications.
- Develop and maintain a solid system for documenting and adjusting emission factors for activity based accounting. Write external reporting protocols for all Scope 3 categories that meet external reporting standards at a reasonable assurance level . Assure that educational materials, processes and documentation are in place for long-term smooth operation and execution of internal and external reporting from the hybrid data/digital tracking and reporting system.
- Maintain awareness of external system developments and potentially disruptive technology. Help lead connections with external data/systems collaborations and pilots. Stay informed and inform the internal team about emergent scope 3 data reporting and net-zero standards.
- Understand and champion life cycle assessment (LCA) concepts and the potential value and connection of hybrid or disruptive systems to inform product carbon footprint (PCF) estimates.
- Provide expertise and support for the scope 3 measurement workstreams and manage cross stream topics/issues . Work with stakeholders to identify key metrics and opportunities for improving business processes, products, and services
- Guide the selection and management of systems and back-end data infrastructure for our emissions intelligence pipeline. Perform data mining, exploration, and analysis. Create data visualizations, reports, dashboards, and data audits to meet expectations and drive progress. Work with Data/Digital partners to design, train, and implement machine learning algorithms, create automated anomaly detection,and leverage predictive models either directly or in conjunction with data/digital partners.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Familiarity and experience with GHG accounting (in particular, scope 3) and measurement and life cycle assessment (LCA) concepts
- General project management and execution skills and implementation, optimization and troubleshooting of interconnected data systems.
- Familiarity with data management platforms (e.g., SAP, Ariba, Gensuite, Enablon)
- Data and systems knowledge and experience in areas such as:
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure
- Working knowledge of statistical models and business intelligence
- Expertise in data mining and machine learning
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or Kotlin
- Knowledge of data science toolkits such as R, NumPy, and MatLab
- Experience with big data analytics technologies such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js and Tableau
- Manage multiple complex projects and successfully manage relationships with multiple business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting, influence stakeholders, and deliver results
- Confidence to propose ideas and initiatives and to make decisions within job scope
- Ability to work independently and with limited guidance
- Self-starting with proven, strong analytical skills
- Ability to actively listen, build/maintain effective working relationships with internal/external colleagues/resources, and resolve conflict
- Ability to effectively interact with multi-functional teams, develop relationships and build collaborative networks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English language) with the ability to provide training support
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiences in a quantitative field, such as engineering, data science, data analytics, statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of sustainability/climate data experience and working knowledge of procurement data systems and data science
- 3 - 5 years of experience with corporate data and/or sustainability data systems
- Passion for environmental sustainability and desire to take action to address GHG emission-related climate change
- Background and experience in sustainability, experience with scope 3 GHG accounting and methodologies and understanding of life cycle assessment basics
- Pharma, corporate experience, engineering/science education desired
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
More about us:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.