At VolkerWessels UK people come first. Joining us means joining one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary engineering and construction contractors, delivering a vast breadth of innovative projects, and offering endless opportunities to grow.
Looking to work in a more Authentic environment? We are now looking for General operatives to join the team.
Responsible for working with both the direct labour and sub-contract labour, meeting targets and deadlines on time. These include the operation of mechanical plant, kerb laying, drainage works, emergency call-out work and tarmacking. Key Accountabilities
Skills & Experience
- Assisting with kerb laying (precast concrete).
- Assisting with laying concrete road channels.
- Assisting with the excavation and laying of granite kerbs or granite setts.
- Operation of mechanical plant.
- Laying tarmac and flexible surfacing (raking/sweeping).
- Pothole repairs.
- Laying concrete.
- Relaying of flags, blocks and cobbles.
- To ensure the team works in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
- Be aware and comply with VolkerHighways Health & Safety, quality and Environmental policies.
- Previous highways maintenance experience
- Winter Maintenance experience
- Ability to use initiative
- Good standard of English
- HGV desirable.
- Out of hours working will be required.
- Ability to work in a gang and use IT equipment to record work as well as a range of skills in using small plant and other equipment.
VolkerHighways is an integrated highways service provider operating across London and the South of England. Our goal is to deliver the best highways solutions within our industry through efficiency, responsibility and a focus on clients and their customers.