Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
This is an opportunity to join a brand new team, in a brand new Audible hub. Our office is located in Culver City, situated between Downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica. The Culver City tech teams will work adjacent to Audible Studios, where our content teams work with a diverse range of talent to create Audible Original Content. Work-life balance is important to us: your ability to flourish in your personal life directly correlates to your success in your professional life. Spend the morning in the mountains, the afternoon on the beach, and the night at a show. As one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, there's always a new experience waiting for you.
True to Audible's People Principles, we are committed to the success of our people and supporting the communities in which we work. Our leadership team is dedicated to mentoring and coaching to help each individual identify their career goals, flourish, and achieve their potential. Our environment encourages everyone to participate. Our diverse team depends on differing backgrounds and perspectives to foster robust conversations that lead us to the right solutions for our customers.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Full Stack SDE on the Creator Marketplace team, it's up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead. We have an exciting opportunity to build a brand new front end experience, and need a strong senior SDE with front end experience to help lead the way. Anticipate. Innovate. Collaborate. Bring challenging ideas and we'll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You'll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop.
You feel pride in every step forward, however big, or small; to you, each challenge represents a well-executed venture to support our creators. If you're looking to build on your skills and grow into a leader, this is your next step. We look for people who take responsibility, set their standards high and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You're looking for an environment where you can thrive. With opportunities to challenge yourself and a talented team by your side, you'll find what you're looking for at Audible.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch scalable and maintainable software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
- Independently clarify technical requirements, assessing development estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
- Stay on top of technology trends, tools, and approaches
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or a similar OO language.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience writing clear, maintainable and extensible code.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn't) appropriate to use them.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Experience building and delivering software systems to internal or external customers.
- Knowledge of AWS or similar cloud-based infrastructure and/or developer tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective messaging with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A high-quality bar: documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment. Enthusiasm for instilling this attitude in others.
- Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
- Able to make improvements to the team's development and testing processes.
- Able to establish good working relationships with peers. Able to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to mentor teammates on team software, team culture, and customer obsession.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit .
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.