Overview: From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Responsibilities: The Director of Application Development will be responsible for leading application development teams for customizing purchased applications, enhancing custom developed applications, and developing new applications. In this role, this leader will direct applications strategy and requirements development with key business owners and stakeholders. The Director engages with and manages the relationship with stakeholders to gain a strong understanding of the business needs and how software can enable the required business functionality. This position works across Concentra business units and within IS to ensure that project and production objectives are successfully met. THE DETAILS
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by designing, developing, upgrading, releasing, and maintaining Concentra's business capabilities using a planned and structured proces
- Responsible for a set of Concentra's applications development and maintenance efforts
- Consult with stakeholders to identify their needs and build and maintain applications and solutions that will balance competing client needs and priorities, improve business processes, meet targeted project business and performance criteria
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to align product to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Evolve and mature the current systems and applications architecture as needed. Introduce technology best practices and design patterns.
- Provide technology process leadership to develop lean and agile processes to quickly deliver the product or feature with acceptable quality to market
- Manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, and implement software changes.
- Manage the performance and career development of the development team
- Introduce technology best practices and design patterns
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent is required
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- Master's degree in Business and/or Computer Science is preferred
- Ongoing knowledge of architecture principles and best practices and new technologies
- Customarily has at least eight (8) years of experience leading a team of engineers, leads, and architects in a dynamic environment managing complex and often conflicting product requirements from a diverse group of external and/or internal customers
- Strong track record of success in the architecture and development of software and delivery of database management and/or workflow solutions in an organization where speed of change is a constant. Knowledgeable in Microsoft .Net and Java platforms and tools, as well as contemporary desktop and mobile oriented software (SOA, HTML5, wikis, blogs, tags).
- Direct database experience with both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases development
- Inherent knowledge of development processes and best practices to manage multiple, large scale, and co-dependent systems software development projects consistently on time and on budget. Experience in software management and integration of complex systems from numerous development sources including matrixed internal organizations.
- Experience supporting multiple products, estimating project resource requirements, and managing product delivery schedules and associated risks
- Demonstrated track record of implementing enhanced product development processes that shorten release cycles and improve "time to market" for new products
- Proven ability to work effectively with business leaders in defining product requirements and specifications
- Experience developing roadmaps and three-year strategies
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of system architecture and has previous experience providing innovative code development approaches, database development and application integration efforts
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Strong communications skills to across the IS organization, business units, and customers
- Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to lead senior staff, architects, and managers in performing their duties
- High sense of urgency to deliver on customer solutions, including projects, problems, and new requirements
- Commitment to customer service. Ability to coordinate and work with other departments.
- Ability to multi-task and help remove blockages for the team. Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working in Agile development methodology team environment and lead Agile team(s)
- Able to apply knowledge and analytical thinking to work through issues
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Quickly grasp the essence and root causes of an issue
- Good at integrating different ideas and points of view
- Strong project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates leadership expertise and ability to drive change and innovation
- Inherent knowledge of architecture and development processes and best practices to influence multiple, large scale, and co-dependent systems software development projects consistently on time and on budget
- Proven ability to work effectively with business leaders in defining product architecture, requirements, and specifications
- Recognizes when change is required and deals effectively with the uncertainty of change
- Recognized for the quality of their thinking and ideas, sought out by others for their advice and solutions
- Brings to life, support, and enthusiasm for the vision with a clear map and milestones
- Sets a high-performance climate where colleagues can do what they do best. Finds ways to deploy their strengths and encourages their development.
- Focuses on accountability and delivery without blame, pushes and motivates self and others for results. Faces challenge head on.
- Learns from mistakes and seeks and applies continuous improvement
- Can be counted on when times are tough to do the right thing. Has the courage to take difficult decisions and act ethically.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal and external stakeholders. Gains trust and respect through open dialogue. Can flex their style to meet the requirements of changing situations and the needs of other people.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management. Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans