Database Administrator (TS/SCI) Description Compass Point, an Akima Company,
is committed to helping government agencies modernize their IT infrastructure and systems to drive innovation and value. Come join an experienced, leading edge team committed to excellence and results. Compass Point offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a wide variety of career development opportunities. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our companys profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Must possess advanced IT administrator skills e.g. remote administration, remote desktop, Group Policy Object (GPO) management, system backup and recovery, and monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization.
- Have a strong understanding of virtualization, Software Defined Storage, local area networking, LANs, switching, servers, , etc.
- Demonstrated experience with system and database administration within the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Have the ability to communicate with virtualization architects about the virtual environment.
- Have an understanding of NIST SP 800 series, Army IT and IA Regulations (ex. 25-1 and 25-2), DoD Cyber Security Regulations, OWASP, FedRamp and Cloud Security Alliance framework.
- Have the ability to create system documentation such as Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Have the understanding of user experience best practices, information architecture, and interaction/visual design.
- You must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements for infectious diseases such as COVID-19
- Top Secret (TS) with eligibility for TS/SCI
- Required Certification(s):IAT III
- Minimum Bachelors degree from an accredited academic institution
- 10 Years with MA/MS or BA/BS with 12 yrs.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of Database Engineering and worked directly in the career field during three (3) of the preceding five (5) years.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience administrating a website and worked directly in the career field during three (3) of the preceding five (5) years.
- The following are required at contract start date and must be maintained throughout the life of the contract:
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Baseline certification: Security CompTIA commercial certification (or higher, such as CISSP, etc.).
- Computing Environment (CE): must be current platform (or higher) IAW Army guidance (i.e migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, Server 2007 to 2012, etc.). Currently:
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (70-410)
- Configuring Advanced Server 2012 Services (70-412)
- Computing environment (CE) certification: must be able to obtain appropriate CE commercial certification IAW current DoD, Army and NEC guidance upon contract start. Currently: SQL 2016 - Installing and Upgrading SQL Server 2016
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at or . The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application. Job:
Program & Project Management Primary Location:
Day Job Req ID: