How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The YMCA of Austin is a dynamic, equitable force in the community that helps people of all backgrounds improve their total wellbeing and quality of life. Founded in 1953 and anchored in three Central Texas counties, the Y is a $40 million community enterprise that serves nearly 100,000 people annually through eight centers. We also provide afterschool education and care at more than 70 licensed campuses in four school districts. Unlike any other organization in the region, the Austin Y has the unique ability to welcome, educate and elevate all, and is committed to creating innovative programs, placesand people.
As a Dance Instructor, you will plan and choreograph lessons for children at the beginner and intermediate levels. You will teach participants the benefits of exercise and providing a safe and healthy instructional experience for all. You will cultivate positive relationships with parents and program participants. This position reports to the Youth and Family Coordinator. This is a part-time role based out of East Communities YMCA Center.
Availbility: Seeking someone who can teach between 2 and 6 classes a week ranging styles from Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary, and more.
Pay Rate: $15 - $18 per hour, depending on experience
Rewards we offer you:
- Free Household Membership to facilities operated by the YMCA of Austin (worth $1,000 annually)
- 12% Employer-Funded Retirement Plan upon meeting eligibility
- Access to 403b savings upon hire
- Learning and development workshops and training
- Career advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
What are the details?
- You render first aid as needed and complete the required incident and accident paperwork.
- You set up and take-down dance equipment as needed for classes.
- You ensure that the dance studio is not left unattended.
- You conduct warm-up as assigned by the supervisor.
- You monitor the appropriate placement of dancers within classes and conduct evaluations of students and/or potential students.
- You communicate with the parents of students as needed.
- You maintain necessary records to track attendance in classes.
- You maintain music and choreograph dance routines.
- You plan and participate in the annual spring performance.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 16 years old and have a basic knowledge of various dance, ballet, and jazz styles. Instructor experience preferred. You have current CPR and First Aid certifications preferred or must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage peoples differences as strengths.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR