ABOUT GENUINE FOODS
At Genuine Foods we create nourishing food environments at schools and workplaces through great-tasting and wholesome meals, made from genuine ingredients. We are a growing social enterprise that uses food to enhance health, productivity and happiness. We believe that fresh, scratch-made food together with unparalleled service and meaningful enrichment programs can transform lives and build community. Food service management is what we do, but what we achieve together with our customers, our partners and our dedicated team goes beyond the plate.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Cook position will be located in a school setting. The cook performs a variety of job responsibilities relating to preparing and serving food in accordance with the daily menu and recipe standards. There are opportunities to learn culinary skills to advance your career. We are a supportive team that values and respects each other. The ideal candidate enjoys working with students and educators and has a superior customer service orientation.
- Ensure food safety standards are being followed at all times
- Cook and prep food correctly based on recipes and specifications provided from the Chef/Genuine Foods
- Coordinate with team members to ensure all food is prepared on time for service
- Maintain a clean working environment and help the team with any additional cleaning duties
- Keep area stocked and organized
- Perform any additional duties as assigned
- Must be flexible & team-oriented!
- 1 year of line cook or culinary experience
- Willingness to learn the compliance requirements of the USDA National School Lunch Program.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and level headedness.
- Punctual and able to adhere to the time and attendance policy.
- Able to climb stairs and lift up 50 lbs.
- Interest in and committed to Genuine Foods' mission to use food to help students enhance their minds, bodies and happiness.
- Must be able to work in a school environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits and Perks:
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Career Growth
Trustworthiness: Integrity. Transparency. Reliability. Consistency. Best quality possible. Delivery excellence.
Personal accountability: Ownership in solving problems. No excuses. Never compromising. Learn from mistakes. Financial stewardship of the bottom line (ours and customers'), without sacrificing quality.
People first: Human centered solutions/approach. Whole person. Teamwork. Hospitality. Every single person matters. Humanity. Empathy. Meeting people where they are. Culturally responsive.
Entrepreneurial: Adaptable. Nimble. Go the extra mile. Responsive. Encouraged to try new things.