Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
The Sturgis site manufactures lifesaving products. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 400+ that works together to deliver products with a purpose.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for maintaining and strengthening the Quality management system. The Compliance team manages the compliance of SOPs, systems for food safety and laboratory quality, internal and external audit programs, and stakeholders for governmental law and legislation. The Compliance Specialist supports ensuring all Quality management systems are following relevant laws & regulations through audit reporting and corrective actions, validation, and verifications. The Compliance Specialist focuses on monitoring of quality systems including coordination and implementation of new and existing processes.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supports developing and maintaining the following systems: internal audit program, and food safety program.
- Supports internal and external audits of various Governments bodies and internal stakeholders from an audit readiness standpoint. May include interacting with auditing bodies.
- Supports ensuring implementation of new regulations and requirements, from our governing agencies or certifying bodies (FDA, SQF etc.), are enacted within the Sturgis site as required.
- Works with training team to roll out updates to polices, practices and procedures.
- Monitoring the progress of audit actions and pursuing timely completion. This includes escalation items which need follow up after due dates are not met within defined timelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Technology, Chemistry, Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food manufacturing or pharmaceuticals
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.