We're Norton Rose Fulbright - a global law firm with over 50 offices and 7,000 employees worldwide.
Our Londonoffice is currently recruiting for an Associate (Commercial Dipsutes). As well as the relevant skills and experience, we're looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we're building a culture where difference is valued.
Norton Rose Fulbright is renowned as one of the few firms with a truly global platform and has one of the largest and highest-rated disputes practice in the world. Our global dispute resolution team works on some of the most exciting, complex, high-value and sensitive multi-jurisdictional disputes and investigations within a genuine "one team" environment.
Our award-winning Corporate Disputes and Investigations team in London is core to our business and has been identified as a major growth and investment area for the firm. We are able to offer associates a broad range of high quality work including:
- Multi-million to billion dollar value corporate and commercial disputes acting for international blue chip companies, including M&A disputes, complex commercial litigation and arbitration, joint venture disputes, shareholder disputes and fraud claims.
- High profile internal and external investigations (usually with a multi-jurisdictional scope).
- Business Ethics and ESG-related work, including providing corporates with advice on sensitive matters such as bribery and corruption, sanctions, human rights and modern slavery.
Due to the nature of our work, associates are able to work across multiple jurisdictions on high profile matters, often as part of a multi-national, multi-disciplinary team. We are solutions-focused and take pride in partnering with our clients to achieve their strategic aims.
The team is able to provide associates with a rare experience within the market: the opportunity to combine work on high value and complex corporate and commercial litigation, with work on high profile investigations.
You will be a member of the Corporate Disputes and Investigations practice in London, working closely with experienced partners and associates, and with an opportunity to gain experience on the full range of work described above.
The team is committed to developing and promoting internally so the role offers limitless opportunities to the right candidate.
Skills and Experience Required:
- You will have at least 2 years' PQE experience in commercial dispute resolution and/or corporate investigations gained from a leading law firm.
- Ideally you will also have experience relating to company law and practice and of working with transactional teams and/or experience of dealing with government authorities (such as the SFO and FCA).
- Enthusiasm, an excellent academic background and a commitment to develop and share technical skills are key.
- Strong and demonstrable client care skills and the ability to work as part of an effective team.
Our clients come first and whilst we have a high performance culture and work hard as a team, in return we offer range of competitive benefits including:
- 25 days hols + Bank hols - Buy up to 5 days
- GP Service
- Bupa Healthcare
- Flexible working
In addition, we are proud of our established health and wellbeing programme which supports our employees through mental, physical and lifestyle challenges.
Norton Rose Fulbright is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks. Find more about Diversity and Inclusionhere.
Norton Rose Fulbright is an equal opportunities employer. We will make reasonable adjustments to our application process to ensure that you have the best chance of success. We understand that there's not a "one size fits all" approach to adjustments so our team will work with you individually to understand more about your requirements. Please contact our Recruitment team