Sign On Bonus: Nursing Assistants (.5 and above) are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus payable after 90 days of employment. This bonus is eligible to newly hired external applicants (current AAH Team Members are not eligible at this time).
Scheduled hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Day shift 7a-3:30p, rotating weekends and holidays
Summary: Provides basic, quality patient focused care in clinical setting under daily direction and supervision of Registered Nurse (RN) in accordance with the standards of practice within guidelines of corresponding state regulations. Performs delegated tasks in patient care setting that supports environment of patient care and assures patients and family are treated in a holistic manner with dignity and respect.
- High School Graduate or Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
- CNA - Nurse Aide in good standing as indicated with the State Registry in which the team member practices.
- CPR - Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) must be obtained within 45 days.
- No experience required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above shoulders during the work shift.
- Ability to lift to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Will be required to use foot pedals on carts or machines.
Must have functional vision and hearing.
Will be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids on a continuous basis; therefore, protective clothing must be worn as necessary.
Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.