Builders FirstSource is the nation's largest supplier of structural building products, value-added components, and services to the professional market for new residential construction and repair and remodeling. Our focus is on providing unparalleled service to both large and small customers. We manufacture roof and floor trusses, wall panels, stairs, vinyl windows, custom millwork and trim, and interior and exterior doors tailored to the specific needs of our customers. We carry a full line of professional grade building products, such as dimensional lumber and lumber sheet goods and various window, door, and millwork lines. We also offer an extensive range of construction-related services, including design services, product installation, and turn-key framing.
Check us out on YouTube:
Under general supervision, greets customers and receives payment; issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers; package customer purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides product information, location, and general store knowledge. Directs customer to product pick-up point, if necessary.
• Opens and closes-out till and accurately documents all transactions, makes accurate change, verifies credit cards and checks, and balances receipts.
• Assists in pricing and stocking inventory, display preparation and maintenance, and maintains quality store presentation. Participates in annual physical inventory activities.
• Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Minimum education required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Minimum experience required: Six (6) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, .0-2 years' experience, knowledge of building materials is a plus
• Competencies: Oral and written communication skills. Computer skills, to include Excel Proficiency, Clerical skills. Planning skills. Problem-solving skills.
Full-Time Team Members are eligible for company benefits, including:
• Three Medical plan options
• Dental & Vision
• Critical Care, Accident & Hospital insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) with company match
• Vacation & Sick Time
• Paid company holidays
• Company Paid Life & AD&D
• Supplemental Life
• Short & Long Term Disability
• Team Member Assistance Program
Work Environment / Physical Activity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call or email: . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish