Our Client, a well-established Building/ Construction Company based in Birmingham are looking for someone with a strong Administration background and excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Excel to work in a varied, fast paced role, facilitating the smooth running of the business support function.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to grow and develop, making the role their own and learning other areas of the business to include; Bid writing, ISO 9000, H&S and HR.
A competitive starting salary of £24,000 will be offered. May be flexible depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Use IT and business systems, supporting the smooth running of the business support function.
- Analyse data and information using Microsoft Excel, creating reports, spreadsheets and graphs.
- Act as first point of contact for the company in person and over the phone/via email.
- Provide high level of support to the Management team.
- Record incoming enquires and jobs.
- Maintain client portals, processing tenders.
- Support teams with any IT issues.
- Assist with HR and on boarding.
- Update live jobs on computerised system, scanning and filing documents.
- Maintain stock lists and order office supplies as required.
- Type up quotations and minutes.
- Book travel and accommodation.
- Prepare marketing materials and maintain social media sites.
- Book and organise training.
- Organise and arrange company events.
- Keep detailed records.
- Carry out day to day office duties and administration.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A desire to develop within a growing SME.
- Administration background with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Excel. Spreadsheet knowledge essential as this will be a considerable element of the role. You must have advanced Excel skills and be able to create spreadsheets, format and extract data, produce graphs and analyse information.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to demonstrate speed and accuracy of work.
- Experience working within a construction/ building/ manufacturing or relatable environment would be desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident attitude.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to manage own time, prioritise workload and multi task.
- Organised nature.
- Problem solving skills.
Benefits to include:-
- Competitive starting salary of £24,000. May be some flexibility beyond this for the right person.
- Performance bonus.
- Genuine career development opportunity including the opportunity to undertake training courses if desired.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- Friendly working environment.
- 21 days holiday plus bank holiday.
- Start date: ASAP.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.