Exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to be a key player here at Dead River Company! If you are interested in seeing how your analytical approach along with collaborative efforts assist with building our operations, apply today! Dead River Company is a solid company offering career paths and growth. Hybrid Work Schedule Available!
The Business Intelligence Manager transforms business data into business intelligence by developing analytical tools and conducting the analysis needed to monitor business performance and identify insights and opportunities for optimization. The position requires an individual who has an aptitude and interest in understanding enterprise-wide operational processes, products, and their performance outcomes in order to identify trends and variation, and to support leaders across the company in gaining new insights into the variables that impact performance. This position requires an individual capable of collaborating and communicating effectively with stakeholders across the organizational structure, and at all levels. The Business Intelligence Manager works closely with IT Application Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, Operations leadership, and other business leaders across the organization. Experience with data visualization software required, with Microsoft PowerBI a plus!
- Build, develop, and maintain repeatable, accurate, and credible metrics, dashboards, and reports, which will often require leading cross-functional efforts to build alignment and standardize definitions. This includes leveraging information technology to automate, streamline, and integrate processes.
- Oversee the delivery of reports, dashboards and insights that analyze key operations and performance metrics.
- Provide sound examination and interpretation of results related to operational performance.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational performance by identifying trends and sources of variation.
- Understand the strategic goals of the company and goals of business functions in order to provide insights to senior managers relative to opportunities to achieve those goals.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization, while playing an active role to be a constructive critic and challenge the status quo.
- Get close to the work of stakeholders to understand sources of variation and potentially measurable outcomes.
- Drive and protect profitability by supporting senior leadership on key operational business decisions.
- Support business owners understanding of the analytical tools available.
- Participate in the process that oversees report and data requests. Identify and implement improvements to optimize the intake, data validation, data analysis, and reporting processes.
- Prepare management reporting and presentation materials as needed.
- Manage team deadlines and deliverables.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
Performs other work-related duties and project assistance as assigned.
- At least three years of experience in data analysis and complex reporting for multiple departments and entities using variance analysis to drive business improvement is required.
- Experience with data visualization software required, with Microsoft PowerBI preferred.
- Experience with data-driven process improvement and problem-solving methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma, preferred.
- Demonstrated business acumen across multiple business functions preferred.
Other Attributes or Experience Required:
- Working knowledge of data mining principles, analytical concepts, and statistical techniques.
- Strong report development experience, with a desire to visualize data creatively.
- Strong proficiency in Excel spreadsheet software. Experience with Solver and SQL is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate judgment and diplomacy in dealing with internal customers within an organization.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with an aptitude for working with incomplete information.
- Solid organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple projects easily while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive data in a confidential manner.
A Bachelors Degree in an analytical field, or related business experience.
This position does not require any formal certifications.
Makes decisions relating to prioritizing workload, the best methods to obtain and organize information, and proper interpretation of data.
Safety considerations relate to proper ergonomics in an office setting including appropriate workstation and computer terminal setup. Safe and appropriate use of electronic equipment is expected.
Equipment used includes normal office equipment and networked personal computer.
Nearly all work is performed in an office or home office setting with controlled temperature and lighting. Occasional travel is required.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reading, calculating, moving of fingers, data entry and communication. Some driving is required.