Associate Director, Corporate Ratings Grade Level: 12 Location(s): New York, NY Centennial, CO
: We are looking for a highly motivated analyst, with a detailed understanding of corporate credit analysis, and excellent organization and communication skills. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued. Key responsibilities:
As an Associate Director, you will analyze a portfolio of assigned entities as well as complex situations, data and information, and assess issuer's quarterly and annual operating results against our financial projections. This position is responsible for meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, contributing to media and other investor inquiries, and taking the lead at external meetings related to credits, as assigned by a more senior manager. Specifically, in this role, the analyst will:
- Act as the primary analyst for complex entities and be an active, vocal voting member of the committee who makes recommendations to the rating committee and prepares materials for ratings publication.
- Develop forecasts and recommend ratings for issuers and debt issues consistent with existing S&P criteria; learn and apply S&P internal systems, and effectively communicate S&P's methodology and procedures to clients;
- Aid in identifying market trends;
- Write analytical reports, contribute to thought leadership pieces and synthesize analysis into well-reasoned and well-supported rating recommendations that demonstrate a strong understanding of financial markets and the relationship to S&P products;
- Work effectively with markets and jurisdictions outside of primary focus in a team-oriented, multi-cultural and global environment; and
- Ensure a risk aware culture including leading by example.
- This person will have the opportunity to increase our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients.
- Your analysis and work is essential to the covering of a diverse portfolio of credits, as well as in the training of others to help them resolve difficult day-to-day analytical issues and problems.
- This role has significant growth opportunities.
- Must have an MBA, advanced degree and/or CFA
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Highly proficient at working with financial models.
- Demonstrated track record of analytical skills.
- The candidate should possess critical thinking skills, along with proficiency with major off-the-shelf software.
- The candidate should have the aptitude to be a team player, but also be able to work independently.
- The candidate must have strong verbal communication and writing skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent time management and the ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and multi-task; the ability to think independently and critically; and the ability to mentor others.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $103,800, to $206,350. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit . Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
276820 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States